Why Study in Germany?
Why study in Germany – With a full detailed analysis on study and the benefits in Germany
1. World Class Technical Education – One of the reasons you want to study in Germany is for its world-class technical institutions and also some very good medical and management institutions as well.
2. No tuition fees at public universities in Germany –
Higher education in Germany is mainly funded by the state and as such it is literally free of charge for domestic and international students alike.
3. Relatively lower blocked funds- The mandatory sum required by the embassy that must be deposited to the blocked bank account is €8,640 (which is about Rs. 7 lakhs) for your livings in Germany during your study. This is a very low amount compared to Canada or USA (where it would be a minimum of Rs. 15 – 20 lakhs).
4. Work Opportunities: Germany has considerable work opportunities for international students, if you know German language.
• You can work for either 120 full working days or 240 half working days
• You will be allowed to work part time for up to 20 hours in a week
• And full-time during vacations.
• You do not require any special approvals for this.
• Student or research assistantship is usually over and above this and has no limits, though it requires university consent.
Students can earn 8-10 euro per hour while working part time in Germany
5. Option to Settle Down:
Foreign graduates of German universities enjoy a more favourable status than non-EU citizens.
a) Students get 18 months of work search visa after obtaining their German university degree.
b) Once you have completed a masters degree, have stayed in Germany for a few years and have a job offer which corresponds to your qualifications, you can choose whether you want to apply for a German residence permit or an EU Blue Card for the next part of your stay.
c) As early as two years after receiving your German or EU Blue Card residence permit (47000 Euro income yearly) , you can apply for a permanent residence permit
d) Typically after eight years of being a student and tax payer, foreigners are eligible to apply for German citizenship
In addition to this, there are several other benefits like –
• Courses are available in English,
• Student community is very helpful,
• Degrees are Globally Recognized since universities in Germany now operate under the Bologna reform.
• They have top faculty and infrastructure.
Also on a personal life basis – Germany is located practically in the centre of Europe and has proximity to countries such as Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Czech, Republic Austria, etc. With one Schengen visa and Eurail pass short weekend breaks can be exotic.
• Germany itself is a beautiful country to visit and also very diverse in terms of people from different parts of the world living together.
• It is very safe country.
There are over 380 universities throughout Germany which offer globally recognized degrees at the undergraduate, post-graduate and doctorate levels. The following is a list of the top 10 universities in the country and their global rankings according to the QS World University Rankings of 2020:
Combining high quality education with a unique cultural experience living in Germany is the main reason why young people from all around the world come to Germany.